Sol Green, PhD, FACB
- Director, Clinical Process Optimization and Global Technical Services, BD Life Sciences, Preanalytical Systems
Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Pathology, Stony Brook School of Medicine, Stony Brook, New York
Stephen Church, BEng, PgD, MICR
- Associate Director, Medical Affairs, BD Life Sciences, Preanalytical Systems, Europe
- Member, EFLM Working Group on the Preanalytical Phase (WG-PRE)
Member, ISO Working Group on Standardization of Specimen Containers
Member, Institute of Clinical Research
Stephen has more than 20 years’ experience in the design and development of medical devices. He has supported numerous hospitals throughout Europe in making significant improvements to the preanalytical phase and laboratory services. Stephen has published a number of articles and given presentations at scientific meetings on various topics key to the preanalytical phase, such as plasma vs. serum in biochemistry testing, the importance of preanalytical handling, etc.
Ana Stankovic, MD, PhD, MSPH
- Worldwide Vice President, Medical Affairs, BD Life Sciences, Preanalytical Systems
- M.D. and Ph.D. in Immunology from the University of Belgrade, Yugoslavia
- MSPH – Health Policy and Outcomes Research, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Board certified in Clinical Pathology and Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine by the American Board of Pathology
- Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University, School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee
- Member, College of American Pathologists’ Quality Practices Subcommittee
- Former Medical Officer at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Pathologist at Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
Ana completed her senior Fulbright fellowship, residency in Clinical Pathology, fellowship training in Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine and MS in Public Health at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She is the author of numerous publications and is currently focusing her research interests on the improvement in the quality of laboratory testing and increasing awareness of the impact of the preanalytical phase on clinical results.
- Associate Director – Global Alliance Management and Preanalytical Services, BD Life Sciences, Preanalytical Systems, Canada
Karen has played an active role in clinical diagnostic practices for over 30 years, as laboratory technologist, technical specialist, and educator, as well as in sales and marketing functions. Her commitment to assisting healthcare professionals clarify/ prioritize issues and implement solutions has significantly enhanced the “best practices” and “performance excellence” focus of BD Preanalytical Services. Karen has worked closely with instrument companies and managers at all levels within hospitals and reference labs to design, develop and implement sustainable preanalytical improvement programs which assist laboratories in identifying the cost of, and articulating the impact of poor specimen quality to patients, and organizationally.
Aparna Ahuja, MD
- Director of Medical Affairs, BD Life Sciences, Preanalytical Systems
- Member of BD Worldwide PAS Medical Affairs Leadership Team, Co-chair of the BD Global Clinical Council
- Certified inspector/auditor with ISO 15189 (NABL) and trained as international inspector with CAP
- International Fellow of College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Hospital Management
- Diploma in Child Health and Family Welfare
Aparna has more than two decades of laboratory experience, reflecting strong and innovative leadership skills coupled with hands-on experience in Biochemistry, Specialized Chemistry and Molecular Biology. Her previous assignment with BD PAS was as Head of Medical Affairs in East Europe, Middle East and Africa, where she successfully built a high performing team of Medical Affairs associates across the region by establishing the team as a value add & solution provider to laboratories through Laboratory consulting services, Quality checks, CME points accredited training modules on line with International guidelines, support in laboratory accreditations, and publications (EMA Preanalytical Notes, Poster presentations in IFCC, AFCC). Aparna is also a recognized speaker. Currently, her focus is on the improvement of quality laboratory testing and increasing awareness of the impact of the preanalytical phase on clinical results. She is also a strong advocate of patient as well as healthcare worker safety.